Another bunch of beets came in this week’s CSA. I recently learned that I loved beets, but I also learned that I can’t continually make risotto with them. It takes too long, is very hot and requires a lot of stirring. So I went in search of new beet recipes. Not want to do a simple salad, I opted for beet pizza. Yes, beet pizza.
As James said “this isn’t quite real pizza but it’s still good!”
Here’s what you’ll need –
- Pizza dough (I bought multi-grain from Whole Foods)
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 3 small – medium beets, roasted
- Beet greens (from beets you roasted), washed and chopped into one inch strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
Preheat your oven to 425 F. Meanwhile while, saute onions in a splash of olive oil over high heat until wilted. Add beet greens and heat for another 1 – 2 minutes.
Slice your roasted beets into thin pieces. Roll out pizza dough on a pizza stone. Drizzle the rest of the olive oil on the crust. Spread the greens and onions on the dough. Arrange beets on top.
Sprinkle on goat cheese and cook in oven for 15 minutes.