We’ve had a lot of Swiss Chard lately. Why? Because it keeps coming in our CSA. And before we were experimenting and it was in season and at farmer’s markets. We are sick of Swiss chard, so we needed something that would make it… edible.
Bacon makes everything better. It really does. Here’s what you need:
- 6 slices of bacon (reserve 3 for chicken burgers)
- 1 bunch of swiss chard, washed and cut into one inch strips
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
Cook the bacon until crispy. Remove and place on a paper towel. In the hot bacon fat, throw in the Swiss chard and cook for a minute. Add in garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for a few more minutes until entirely wilted. Crumble three pieces of bacon and toss into pan. Flavor with salt and pepper.
Serve with chicken bacon burgers. Here’s what you’ll need –
- 1/2 pound ground chicken, split in half and formed into patties
- 3 strips of bacon (from previous recipe)
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 buns, toasted
- 2 pieces of cheddar cheese
Cook chicken burgers until no longer pink inside (approximately 5 – 6 minutes per side). Meanwhile, toast buns. When burgers are done, melt cheddar cheese on them. Transfer onto bun. Top with BBQ sauce, bacon and lettuce.